20 November 2016

translation. Moon Troupe 'Edward VIII'

 
After two months of translation (not counting two weeks of my business trips and holidays), I finally finished my second project of Takarazuka performances translation. Unexpectedly 'Edward' turned out to be more difficult to translate than 'Alice's lover'. Somewhere in the middle I knew that there exists an already translated version, but I didn't care. It was kinda important for me to do it myself. Still, there are a couple of phrases I couldn't understand very well. I apologise for not being able to translate them 100% correctly, but overall this translation must be rather good. I've done as much research as I could. Occasional mistakes and misspells possible.
So, please, have a look.
script
upd. 29.03.17
Было бы странно, если бы я сделала перевод только на английский и не сделала на свой родной язык, да? Подумала я и стала делать перевод на русский. Как и ожидалось, он шел туго, так как мюзикл про Англию с отсылками к ее истории и заимствованиями из английского языка явно будет переводиться лучше на английский. Как не ожидалось, я в процессе нашла еще и ошибки в скрипте. А потом еще месяц протупила и так и не выложила ссылки. Теперь этой глупейшей неопределенности будет поменьше. Так что вот.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this script translation! I also loved your work on Alice's Lover. Thank you so much for your hard work! And how hard must that be, I can only imagine. I hope you have plans to continue with these translations, I've become your fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna, you're so very welcome. I'm glad to hear you liked it.

      Delete